What do we envision for New Mexico? A state where mothers and their children experience the health and bonding benefits provided by breastfeeding.
The New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force promotes breastfeeding and supports mothers, families, and communities by:
- Supporting hospitals and clinics in their efforts to achieve Baby-Friendly designation
- Empowering peer counselors to improve breastfeeding duration rates across New Mexico
- Improving workplace breastfeeding conditions
- Hosting an internationally recognized annual breastfeeding conference
- Advocating for supportive legislative policies and building chapter/community support
The mission of the New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force is to improve the health of New Mexico families by creating supportive environments in which breastfeeding is the cultural norm. We strive to bridge the gap in breastfeeding disparities and are committed to making sure all families have the support they need to reach their breastfeeding goals. A breastfeeding culture includes all forms of feeding human/mother's milk including pumping, donor milk feeding, and milk sharing.